DMM Brand Manager
DMM are pleased to announce that we are now hiring for the newly created role of DMM Brand Manager.
We are looking for an innovative, experienced, organised and professional Brand Manager to help us communicate the story of our brand and our products worldwide.
The successful applicant will head up our marketing team and will develop, plan and deliver effective multi-channel marketing activities in all our market sectors. As product is so central to our brand, you’ll also work collaboratively with the senior management team in sales and design to shape our product development plans, promote existing products and deliver newly developed products to our customers in a creative, commercial and innovative way.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, mentor and manage the DMM marketing team.
- Work with the senior management team to formulate marketing strategies for all market sectors in line with company objectives and brand guidelines.
- Develop, implement and manage annual marketing plans and budgets with achievable objectives and timelines.
- Develop and deliver seasonal marketing campaigns.
- Manage advertising content and schedules.
- Ensure company websites are up to date and accurate.
- Work closely with the sales department to co-ordinate marketing support for retailers including POS, merchandising and event support.
- Working with the sales team, provide market driven feedback into the product design and development cycle.
- Collaborate with the sales and design teams to ensure the effectiveness of product marketing and new product launches.
- Develop and manage relationships with strategic partners such as trade associations to maximise potential benefits for both parties.
- Undertake continuous analysis of the competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Oversee the company trade show presence – evaluate shows, trade stand layouts and logistics.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing updates.
Essential to your success in the role will be the ability to demonstrate:
- Proven track record of at least 5 years' experience in a senior marketing/brand management role - ideally operating in our industry and degree educated with a marketing bias.
- Excellent knowledge of up to date marketing techniques and activities including social media and digital platforms.
- Good organisational, project management and negotiation skills, as well as self-motivation and drive.
- Ability to work in a team, to prioritise and meet deadlines and to be open to change.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver inspiring presentations
- In-depth knowledge of at least one of our market sectors.
Longer term we see this role being based at the heart of DMM at our factory and offices in Llanberis, North Wales. However, with the world as it is right now, we are open to remote working for the immediate future.
37.5 Hours per week, Monday to Friday. Some travel should be expected. There will be a requirement to work occasional weekends.
If you feel you have the relevant skills, qualities, background and experience we are really keen to hear more about you. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your own career in return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants should apply in the first instance with a covering letter and a copy of their CV and any additional information that you feel is relevant.
Applications and current C.V. to be sent to:
Group HR Manager
Closing date for applications: 30th October 2020
DMM is an Equal Opportunities Employer
User Instructions – Technical Graphics and Writing
Self Employed (flexible, but average 2 days per week).
Location – Llanberis/Remote
We are looking for a highly organised, technically minded individual with strong graphic and written skills and a keen eye for detail to create, update and maintain our product User Instructions (UIs).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the quality, product design and marketing departments at DMM and technical expert users to gather all relevant input.
- Work with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign to create and maintain all UIs for DMM’s full product range.
- Create, layout and maintain UIs in Adobe InDesign.
- Produce clear and easy to follow product and usage diagrams in Adobe Illustrator.
- Work with our translation bureau partner to get translations of English text into all required languages.
Essential to your success in this role:
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Computer/IT literacy including Word, Excel.
- Ability to work alone unsupervised and as part of a small team.
- Attention to detail.
- Skilled in detailed review and error checking.
- A solid understanding of (or a keen willingness to learn) the techniques and equipment used in our core markets of climbing and work at height.
Letter of interest and current C.V. to be sent to:
Group HR Manager
Closing date for applications: 23rd October 2020
DMM is an Equal Opportunities Employer
“Together, each one of us will make a better, safer product for our customers”
DMM is a company that designs, manufactures, markets and sells high quality equipment for use in climbing, mountaineering, tree care, working at height, rope access and rescue. DMM strives to achieve the highest levels of quality, innovation, and service.